[LRflex] Pole Bending

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 07:39:33 -0700

As previously mentioned, I spent Saturday afternoon at our local Little Britches (kids) Rodeo.

Pole bending is a popular sport at kids rodeos of all sorts. Sort of like a Slalom course, but on level ground and with horses, not skis.

(Those who wish to know more about it, should look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_bending)

When I teach photography, I stress the virtues of framing your shot with trees, bridge arches or whatever you have, if you cannot get close enough. The frame brings the viewers eye to the matter at hand.

But never before, have I been able to frame a shot with dust.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Dust.htm

No image manipulation of any kind - other than a quick touch to the curves and a wee bit of sharpening. I promise!

C&C welcomed, as always.

David Young
Logan Lake, BC

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net