[LRflex] Re: Parakeet on board...

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 19:55:53 -0700

Ha.  But what does that mean?  Really?

Aram - ignorance is bliss

From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 10:08 AM
To: <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Parakeet on board...

I hope all the Canucks on the list (there are several of us!) had an enjoyable Canada Day, yesterday.

We spent our Canada Day at a huge party in Riverside Park, in nearby Kamloops, selling wildlife photos. The weather was warm (30C/86F), the crowd large (30K+), the people happy, the entertainment excellent and business was good.

However, as I dashed to retrieve something from our car, I passed a van with an unusual bumper sticker.

I'm sure you have all seen the "Baby on Board" signs, in cars. The original idea was to alert authorities to look for an infant, in case of an accident. However, nobody removes the signs, when the kid is not "on board". Their value has been further reduced by a plethora of signs such as "Parakeet on Board", or "Doberman on Board", etc., etc.

However, I couldn't pass up on this one...

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Yum.htm

C&C welcomed, as always...

David Young
Logan Lake, BC