[LRflex] Re: Orphan Works...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 18:09:30 -0700

At 04/05/2008, you wrote:
David Young wrote:
Hi Philippe!

You wrote:

for anyone using Lightroom, the exif can be included - hence probably an address if the right box has been ticked and the information entered once and for all - plus an optional watermark (idem).

Yes... Adobe LightRoom, PS-CS3 (via the PhotoDownloader in Bridge) and Apple's Aperture have all implemented a version of this, during ingestion. As well, Photo Mechanic and ImageIngesterPro can also handle it.
David, Phil,
   Thanks for this good information.

Charlie, Philippe and others who may be interested.

For those who don't use the above programs, the chap who wrote STAMP v2.8 (a very handy utility for renaming your files in almost any manner you wish, while "ingesting" or uploading them) has agreed to write a utility to quickly and easily add your copyright notice to your files. Earlier today I was been playing with the prototype - ver. 1.0.0.1 . This prototype is crude, with no user interface, but seems to work reliably and is very fast. Still needs some "polish" before release!

The goal is to make a small utility which is fast and mindless, so photogs don't need to think much about it. Like STAMP, I expect it will probably be free!

Should anybody desire such a utility, please stay tuned!