From: William G. Lamb, III lambroving@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:22:53 -0400
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] Re: One more rumour...

Steve,

Now that's funny. Why didn't I think of that? Don't answer... :-)

Sent that news around the planet. Had one reply from a pro
friend already. (The Germans must be having dinner... :-))
To which I answered...

----------

Why? The original Nocti f1.2 had two aspherical surfaces.

No doubt you are right. Who do you know who can focus one? :-)

Your version does not get into Summicron territory until f5.6.

You are also one of the few I know who can make a picture with it.

It's all about the "look".

Most pictures make me reach for my sea-sickness pills...

William

At 01:36 PM 10/18/2007, you wrote:

If there is a new Noctilux, speculation has it
that it will be an asph.  This was actually
bandied about on the ?forum? recently. Aside
from  the fact that most Noctilux owners can?t
focus the damned thing anyway , I suspect
purchase & ownership are for bragging rights and
one ? upmanship.  Us Gen-Xer?s call it ?e-balling.?