[LRflex] Re: One more rumour...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:34:40 -0700

On Oct 18, 2007, at 11:22 AM, William G. Lamb, III wrote:

Steve,

Now that's funny. Why didn't I think of that? Don't answer... :-)

whatever   :-O  ....

if you are feeling levitating gas and hydrogen ions...

just take two Maalox (or protonix) and call me in the morning...

Steve

Sent that news around the planet. Had one reply from a pro
friend already. (The Germans must be having dinner... :-))
To which I answered...

Why? The original Nocti f1.2 had two aspherical surfaces.

No doubt you are right. Who do you know who can focus one? :-)

Your version does not get into Summicron territory until f5.6.

You are also one of the few I know who can make a picture with it.

It's all about the "look".

Most pictures make me reach for my sea-sickness pills...

William

At 01:36 PM 10/18/2007, you wrote:

If there is a new Noctilux, speculation has it that it will be an asph. This was actually bandied about on the “forum” recently. Aside from the fact that most Noctilux owners can’t focus the damned thing anyway , I suspect purchase & ownership are for bragging rights and one – upmanship. Us Gen-Xer’s call it “e- balling.”

At 02:06 PM 10/18/2007, you wrote:

On Oct 18, 2007, at 10:31 AM, William G. Lamb, III wrote:

Another answer to a question no one asked?

true William,

careful guys...

if we keep bringing up recycled rumors, we'll become known as the
LeicaReflux list...

:-)

Steve