[LRflex] Re: On the way to the pond...

  • From: <linda.vermeiren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:24:32 +0200

Dear David,
indeed a nice little fellow.
Beautiful color, very sharp!

Yours sincerely

Linda
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 3:49 AM
Subject: [LRflex] On the way to the pond...

My wife discovered several new ponds last week, when she spent 4 days on horseback, with friends.

Yesterday, we set out in the truck (4x4) to see if we could find them via "road". We did, but the waterfowl were not in evidence, as they had been, the week before.

But the day was not lost. As I hiked around one of the ponds, I came across this little guy...

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Frog1.htm

He was quite a challenge to shoot, as he was fast and he was small.

If you want to know just how small... look here....

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Frog2.htm

I wasn't prepared for impromptu macro work, so I used the 12~60 Oly zoom and the 1.4x converter. The result was a 120mm lens with a 12" close focus distance, and it worked!

Comments, criticism appreciated, as always.