[LRflex] On the Ice - Swishy Pans

  • From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LRflex" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 07:45:58 -0800

Good Morning, everyone!

I managed a couple of hours, yesterday, out at Stake Lake, watching the Ice
Racing.  This time, I took very few "normal" shots of the ice racers,
instead concentrating on trying to master Dr. Ted's "Swishy Pan" shot.

Trust me... it's not as easy as it seems!  Out of around 250+ deleted
attempts, I got two (count 'em... 2) semi-decent shots.

Mind you, they were blowing by me, at a distance of no more than 10 meters
(~30 feet) at speeds between 85 and 100kph!  So fast that simply turning
your body fast enough to keep them lined up, proved extremely difficult.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Stake_10.html
http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Stake_11.html

I think I favour the first, but your comments are appreciated.

David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake, CANADA

Wildlife: www.furnfeather.net
Personal: www.main.furnfeather.net