[LRflex] Re: Oly Focus Confirmation

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 15:28:09 -0700

OK. Here is a suggestion, not for the faint of heart.  Would it be possible
to grind away enough of the lip so it clears the chip, but still have some
of the lip there to protect the lens?  Maybe remove the center part of the
lip leaving the edges still protruding alongside the chip to protect the
lens?  It looks like there is a lot of lip left over on the left side of the
chip in your top photo.  I know, cringe at the thought of desecrating a
Leica lens.

Aram

Checked by AVG.
2:36 PM