[LRflex] Re: Oly Focus Confirmation

Steve Barbour said:

thanks David...I see it... but the lens itself  seems recessed and
protected without the lip...or am I missing something?

G'Mornin' Steve!

Yes, you're missing the fact that the "lip" is on the lens barrel, itself. As the lens is focused to infinity, the lens barrel moves towards the focal plane. At this point, the rear element needs the "lip" to guard against scratching the rear element, if placed, rear element down. This lip prevents the lens from being focused to infinity, as it is blocked by the Focus Confirmation chip.

I have added yet one more picture to http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/lip.htm showing the 50 'cron at infinity focus. Examining the second and third photos on this page will show you what I mean.

Cheers!

---

David Young,