[LRflex] Re: Old film ? 20 years is too old !

  • From: Chris L <speleo_karst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:50:10 -0800 (PST)

I often use expired film. The time I give are for film stored outside the
fridge/freezer
In the worst scenario, some 16+ year old Orwo had extremely low contrast,
fogging as well as various spots and splotches.
B&W films under 10 years old generaly just have some contarst lowering, so I
use them taking that into account.
2-3 years expiration I find almost insignificant.

Though if I'm going to a place like K2, I'd also budget some fresh film for
it..  ;-)