[LRflex] Re: OT:Ricoh GXR M Module on dpReview

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 15:33:43 -0700

Richard.  In regards to your last sentence, even if there is an 100%
compatible R solution from Leica, I doubt I would be interested anymore.  I
still have all my R lenses, but most have been converted (not irreversibly)
to Nikon, and I have amassed an arsenal of Nikon glass, too.  The solution
works for me.  The D7000 is a nice camera and I am getting good results from
the Nikon glass and the few Leica lenses I use often (35-70/4 and 100/2.8),
thought the stopped down metering has its problems.  I have become accustom
to autofocus for many tasks as my eyesight has hit 61 years old.  Leica
would have to really pull a rabbit out if its hat to get my business back in
the short term.  In 5 or 6 years when I may be ready for a body upgrade,
we'll see, if I still have my R glass and if they have a nice solution and
they have some really great optics to replace the Nikon AF glass I have now
that fills in my gaps.

They snoozed and they lost, I am sorry to say.  I drooled for Leica for 30
years before I could afford it, then I was a very happy customer for about 8
years before I was abandoned.  I know many of you on the list have a much
longer history with Leica than I do, so I am guessing you feel it more than
I.

Aram