[LRflex] OT:Canon/Nikon Lens 'Catalog' Query

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 09:14:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Group,
   I'm contemplating the Merits of 'Going Nikon' versus Canon when I replace my
beloved 20D, but I have a 'Dumb' Question.
Which Nikon lenses are 'scecified' similarly to Canon's "L" Lenses?
ie: Materials, Finish, Optics, Sealing, and such.
   I've been so accustomed to 'knowing' that Canon's "little red ring" carried
various benefits and specifications with it, but if there is a similar
structure
inside of Nikon's Catalog, I'm not picking up on it. Sure, some lenses are
really more expensive, but without memorizing the specifications of every lens
how do I know which are Full Frame, Crop Only, have premium build and
materials,
and such?

Quite Sincerely!
Richard in Michigan

"There is a joy in taking photographs that will always be there, it is the joy
of looking, of capturing that fraction of a second, it is the photographic
shot,
the intuitive shot..." (Henri Cartier-Bresson)

â??No man hath given his child anything better than good manners.â??
- Prophet Muhammad (570-632)