[LRFlex] Re: OT - Computer Monitors

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 05:37:22 -0700

Interesting. Two replys for TFT monitors. Everything I have read and also my conversation with an NEC rep says the CRT is superior than the TFT for photography. That is why I have not looked at TFT monitors. But with two testimonials from photographers, perhaps I should change my goals.

Aram

From: Michaël PETRE <meushi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: OT - Computer Monitors
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 21:32:10 +0200

Aram,

iiyama makes very good flat CRTs (19" and 22"), for another option you can also look at Sony. Like Dave, I have now moved to TFT (one Samsung and one Fujitsu-Siemens) and I'm not looking back.

Mike

On May 31, 2004, at 7:02 PM, Aram Langhans wrote:

I see Costco is carrying a 17" Envision flatscreen (not flat pannel)
monitor. I have been using a 17" Princeton for about 6 years now and think
it is about time I upgrade since I am sure its phophors are getting a bit
old. Does anyone know if this is a good monitor? What brands should I be
looking at?

Aram