[LRflex] Now Rochester & Rockport.

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 07:32:53 -0700

At 28/08/2007, you wrote:
>>Perhaps we'll learn more (or, at least hear more rumours!) at the
>>LHSA's annual convention (Rochester, NY), in mid-October.  Rose and
>>I will be there... anybody else?<<<<<<<,

Hi David, J
Well now David a poor choice this year given you've attended a few of them before. But maybe you might consider a new location for next year? J The Leica Seminar is once again in Rockport, Mass. USA!!!! J Beautiful old fishing village sitting right on the edge of the Atlantic with beautiful scenery.

You could've learned from several experienced Leica photographers also. Tina Manley, Fred Schwab from London UK, James Baker jnr. Milwaukee, USA and myself doing the final critique. Lot's of Leica gear for playing with and I'd bet money as much Leica information. ;-)

My understanding as of the other day it's once again a sell out group of Leica nuts! J However, mark your calendar for next year as it's a smashing great group of Leica users all kinds.

See you next year. J Or sooner. J

Ted
tedgrant@xxxxxxx
tedgrantphoto.com

G'Mornin' Ted!

Hmmm... I didn't realize that Rockport was running, again, this year! I had understood that last year, you all got together for "one last hurrah", after Park Square pulled out of the seminars. Glad to know it's still running! (Congratulations on the sell out crowd!)

And yes, I'm sorry I'm missing it ... I'd like to meet Tina, and the others.

Will you please arrange for me to receive the info, well in time to register, next year? Thanks.

I know you've not been impressed with the LHSA ... certainly I wasn't, after organizing their 2004 meet, in Victoria. (That one would not have been the huge success that it was, without your help - let me thank you, once again!) I was not going to renew my membership in '05, but they wouldn't let me go! And;, in that year the whole tenor of the organization shifted.

There is now very little emphasis on collecting, either in the meetings or the magazine. Yes, there is a bit, but the "old guard" are literally dying off and the emphasis is rapidly changing to a much younger crowd of "users", rather than "collectors". Rose and I had a super time in Wetzlar, meeting a number of old friends, from Victoria, and making some new ones. Thus, we decided to go back, this year. (I'm not a speaker this year, so I can be a bit more relaxed.)

Besides, I have a huge interest in electronics, after so may years in the biz. In 1975, Steve Sasson, of Kodak, invented the digital camera. This experimental device employed newly invented chips from Fairchild Semiconductor, weighed 8 pounds and had a resolution of 0.1 megapixels. Mr. Sasson is still with Kodak (he was just 25 at the time) and will give LHSA members a special presentation about it, and show the camera to all. I'm kinda looking forward to it!

As for seeing you "next year", .... let us hope it's "sooner", and with Irene, too!