[LRflex] Re: Next attempt at Doug

  • From: Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 16:34:06 -0700 (PDT)

Doug
  Thank you for your kind words. They will be be attemped with the next round
of shots. Also I've only had one response (from Steve B-Canyon De Chelly) as
far as a group shoot.

wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  Andy Wagner wrote:

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/yxandy/eagletestweb.jpg.html
>
> C&C's Let er rip guys

Hi Andy,

The eagle itself... what a beauty! The apparent loss of detail in the dark
feathers isn't a problem IMHO, because you've keeps ALL the detail in the white
head feathers which (again IMHO) is much more important, being near the eye and
occupying the majority of the image area.

Things I think could have been improved... I'd like to have seen more space
above the top of the bird's head, it looks too crowded to me. Also the
background is busy. A solid neutral color background, or at least a sky area
that isn't nearly as bright would be my preference.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Regards