[LRflex] Re: Newbie intro

  • From: Dave Tang <electricblues31@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 21:08:27 +0800

Guys,

I am going M for now.  Getting a repainted black M2.  Time to shop for M
lenses.  However, I still want to keep R6.2 in mind.  Will try to find a decent
one.  For now, my R lenses will go together with my Canon 5Dm2.

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:05:41 -0700
From: speleo_karst@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Newbie intro
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I wouldn't recommend an R4S because it is akward to use with manual metering.

I had one, but "upgraded" to an R4 just for that reason.
BTW, my R4 has one of the "bad" serial numbers but has been completely reliable
in the three years I've had it.

Another possibility to consider is a Leicaflex SL or SL2 instead of the R6.2.
You get a larger and heavier beast, but a better viewfinder and many other
things.

Chris