[LRflex] Re: Newbie intro

  • From: Doug Herr <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 07:39:48 -0400 (EDT)

Dave Tang wrote:

My concerns with the bodies other than R6 is the electronic issues.  However,
the guy who sold me the mint crons also happened to own a R4S in chrome and RE.
 Any issue with Portogual made R4S vs. German RE?
<<<

The problems I've had with the R4s and RE were mechanical, not electronic.  Be
sure the aperture stop-down mechanism is working properly and that there is no
sign of damage near the tripod socket (both are weak points in the R4 through
R6 and probably R7 bodies).

The differences between the R4s and RE are the viewfinder and TTL flash sync.
The RE has built-in viewfinder diopter adjustment and TTL flash capability, the
R4s does not.  The R4s viewfinder is a bit bigger, the RE is a bit brighter.

A chrome R4s?  Are you certain it's an R4s?  As far as I know the R4s was only
made in black.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com