[LRflex] Re: New Member.....Please Help....

  • From: Rachel Johnson <monkeycat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 10:21:28 +0100

Thanks for the recommendations Chris and Charlie. I'll check them all out : )

On 18 Oct 2008, at 07:38, Charlie Chan wrote:

Rachel,

I would probably buy one from a UK dealer. It might cost you a bit more, but at least you'll get some sort of warranty. Ffordes often have one in, but don't at the moment. Peter Walnes in Somerset has two in at the moment.

http://www.peterwalnes.com/component/option,com_virtuemart/ page,shop.browse/category_id,24/Itemid,23/

My favourite UK Leica dealer is Frank Foster at Photo Design Studio in Woolacombe. Really friendly, honest and comparatively cheap!

http://photodesignstudio.co.uk/pdf/advert.pdf

He doesn't have a SL in stock though at the moment.

Good luck,

Charlie Chan
Cheltenham, UK

On 18 Oct 2008, at 06:35, Rachel Johnson wrote:

Thanks Ph : )
However, I have already spoken to Doug and we both came to the conclusion that an SL was the best way for me to go. Preferably an SL and a 60mm Macro-Elmarit-R lens. In fact, it was Doug that recommended I join this group : )

On 18 Oct 2008, at 06:12, Philippe AMARD wrote:

Doug is still selling two SL 2 a black one and a silver one Rachel
Look at the archives for details
Phx

Rachel Johnson wrote:

Hey everyone!

I've just joined this group even though I do not own a Leica at present. However, I would like to buy a ''Leicaflex SL'' at some point soon.

I live in the UK and was just wondering if any of you could recommend somewhere to buy a reasonably priced SL complete with lens. It does not have to be in the UK or EU (although postage would be cheaper) anywhere that airmails worldwide is fine. The SL does not need to be perfect cosmetically, although I suppose it would be nice : ) I want to use it as a working camera so as long as the optics, mechanics and battery work perfectly that's fine.

Any help would be much appreciated as I fully admit my lack of knowledge regarding Leicas. I have always used a Nikon FM2 until it was stolen recently. As that specific camera was ''my baby'' I decided to change completely. Therefore, the only way forward for me is a Leica, which I am sure will quickly become ''my baby'' too.

Take care,
Rachel