[LRflex] NY Int'l Auto Show

Charlie,

Few, if any, scantily-clad models posing on the merchandise, unfortunately!

I got over to the Jaguar, Bentley and RR displays as soon as the show
opened. Within 15 minutes, they were swarmed with people making it
virtually impossible to take an uncluttered shot. By the time I got over
to BMW and Mercedes, the hordes had descended like a plague of locust.

Dave,

A fellow I know in the auto body business tells me the backward-opening
doors are called 'suicide' doors because you are more likely to get
crushed and killed exiting the vehicle if another car comes from behind
you too close. The door slams shut and crushes you. At least, that's his
theory. In the auto body business the preferred term is 'coach doors'.

Jeff Gluck