[LRflex] Re: NY Int'l Auto Show

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 14:12:32 -0400

On 4/10/2010 2:00 PM, Douglas Sharp wrote:
> But David,
> a normal door would slam shut - a suicide door would be like hitting a
> brick wall
>
> Cheers
> Douglas

David, Douglas,
     A guy I know hit a normally hinged door with a bicycle as
someone opened a door wide out into the street without looking.
Not seeing or hearing cars, the driver figured there was nothing
there, as they often do.  The front rim collapsed back to the fork,
which was also bent.  The car door folded up against the side
of the car.  My acquaintance was lying on the street bleeding from many
cuts from the glass, amazingly no fractures, and the driver
started hollering at him "Look what you did to my car!" :-)

--
  Charlie Falke                                        _____      /\
  "One test result is worth                       |    |/        `o
    one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun  0  N4003M
  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein