[LRflex] My friend, looking for lenses

  • From: Troy Freund <farmerfreund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:33:08 -0500

I sent out a message yesterday, re: a friend of mine's search for some R glass.
 As I expected, the response was "there aren't any bad lenses in the R line."
I feel the same way (though admittedly, my 19mm is a bit prone to flare with
that large front element).
        Anywho, my friend is looking to make videos with these lenses, on a
Canon 5D.  Shallow depth-of-field with fast lenses is preferred, I believe.
Not sure what sort of videos he's making, besides knowing he digs it shallow.
Hope that helps with any suggestions.
        Let's try it this way:  what are the more affordable, fast R-lenses on
the used market?

Sincerely,
Troy

www.troyfreund.com