[LRFlex] Re: My Summilux 50mm, can you believe it?

  • From: "Robert Palmieri" <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 22:00:43 -0500

Xavier -

The irony of all this is that my 50 Summilux M needs to be separated in
exactly the way you describe (in order to fix the dumb collapsible hood)
and it won't come apart!

I showed it to Don Goldberg last year and he said it would probably take
a lot of heat to release the Loc-Tite on the threads and he really
didn't want to risk it...

By the way.. some new critter shots at:

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/critters

Bob Palmieri

>>> hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx 07/01/04 5:04 PM >>>
Hello to all

This morning, I palyed around with the lenses, "fondling" is the word I
think.

And there the summilux, moving the distance ring a couple of times.

Suddenly, getting loose, looser and looser.

Hey, what happens, the lens comes into two parts, barrel in left hand,
optical group in right.

My poor Summilux....

I went to the repair shop.....to learn that it happens sometimes with
summulix 50mm, a bad serie sir, we have seen before.

Damn'it! Merde!

G'Day to all.

Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.