[LRFlex] Re: My Grand Ma used to say...

  • From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:07:40 -0500

Xavier:

Yes, they were taken with the 1st 19mm.

You have to be careful to keep the vertical elements "vertical"... more than you have to be careful of the focus.

Jim

Bille Xavier F. wrote:

YES!

Jim, I had forgotten you had made this nice serie. Probably it had twinked the idea at that time....

Is this the first version of the 19mm?

It is interesting. Because of the field of view, you have to be careful of the focus.

Really wonderful.

Thanks for fuelling me. G'Day.

---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: My Grand Ma used to say...
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:22:55 -0500

Xavier:

All but the last of these were taken with the first 19mm:

http://www.hemenway.com/Castle_in_Maine

Jim

Bille Xavier F. wrote:

... That when I had an idea in the head it was surely not located in my bum, in other words, me bit stubborn.

Hi Gang.

Still dreaming about a wide wide wide angle. There are some offers on ebay for 19mm elmarit first generation (as per Doug Herr's valuable site).

This would be probably enough how ever, who can direct me to a place wher I can see some pictures taken with the 19mm and some pictures taken with a 17mm Tamron?

In terms of budget, both are not the same although the 17mmSP might have to bought new (too hard to find) and the 19mm still pricey.

In terms of angle of view, curvature, etc, what is the general widsom? Are they similar?

The zoom SP I alredy have delivers very capable results, so... But the front element of a 19mm Elmarit is like a big eye, funny.

Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.