[LRFlex] Re: More BirdSnaps

  • From: "Robert Palmieri" <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:56:25 -0500

Also, seeing as how the bird flying by the skewed building was also shot
with a 50 (a collapsible 'cron; apologies to the "reflex" group) maybe
if I just limited my bird shooting to 50mm lenses only...

Bob Palmieri

>>> rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx 06/15/04 8:20 PM >>>
Doug -

See what I mean... there really ain't all that much "there" there.

Thank you for stating my goal with more clarity that I could apparently
muster.

Bob Palmieri

>>> telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/15/04 5:31 PM >>>
Let's see if I 'get' the concept - your goal is to use the birds as
compositional elements in the picture as a whole rather than pictures
'of' the birds with collateral habitat.  Yes?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Robert Palmieri <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well... seeing as how you asked and all that, I'll answer your inquiry
> by posting some "works in progress" meaning I feel that they're a lot
> rougher in concept and/or execution than stuff I'm used to sharing
with
> the group (not that those are all that much more fully baked).
>
> Here we have a trio of familiar urban avians doing their best to help
me
> with my "mannered" and formal rendering (shot on my belly with a 'flex
> and 50 'cron):

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/chicago-birds/pigeons

> And here I've tried to make the flyer into the best "level reference"
> against the skewey solid building:

> http://www.pbase.com/image/29939477

> Both jpegs are looking a little dark but the general ideas are
there...

on 6/13/04 3:52 AM, Robert Palmieri at rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I decided that I wanted to try to use the birds as
> an integrated part of the picture, but that's yet another specific
> self-assignment that'll probably take quite some time to get a handle
on.

Bob, I'm intrigued.  Can you expand on this concept?

    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm