[LRflex] Re: Meet Geoff...

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 12:56:54 -0700

Gitzo Tripod.  Probably Carbon Fiber.  Not steel.

I have always wanted to do something like this... shooting with the Hassy....

There is a (bloodless) Bullfight here every year... I just missed it last week.
 But maybe next year, I will pull out he Hassy, some TMax100, and go to
town....  It would be fun....

The Obon Dance time of the year is upon us.  A couple of weeks ago I met a
young ( 20-something) amateur shooting a 2x3 Century Graphic with a 6x7 back
and flash bulbs... ( little blue ones.. #5?)  He also had a Nikon F with
"proper" 50/2 lens and a Pen F with 38/1.8.  He was quite the sight slinging
these things around.

I was jealous all I had was my M8.....  The M8 actually looked out of place.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

a large, very sturdy tripod of unknown make.