[LRflex] Maxwell Optics

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 10:21:25 -0700

The stock split image/microprism screen (as supplied with the DM-R,
goes  very dark at f13.6 (400 Telyt & 2x converter, wide open!)  I
much prefer my all matte screen for this use.

I am debating buying a new, all matte, screen with sensor lines for
the DM-R or would I be better off to send my present screen to Bill
Maxwell for his Hi-Lux coating. (He can also add the  DM-R's sensor
lines.)  The cost for both options is within $20, with Bill's being
the slightly cheaper.

Has anybody here had their screens coated by Bill?   Are the results
really noticeable?

And, has anybody here had him add DMR sensor markings to a
screen.  Is his work as good as Leica's?

Is he really as fast as he says (3 day turnaround?)

Many thanks for any and all feedback.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www3.telus.net/~telyt

Limited Edition Prints at: