[LRflex] Re: Local Park

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 07:24:40 -0700

> There is always something to shoot locally particularly if you like
> to take everyday life as the subject. I was curious about the
> combination of the R 80-200 mounted on the Digilux 3 with an
> adapter. A cumbersome combination which I have not tried for a
> while.
>
> These were shot at 200mm which is 400mm in the FF scale. I wonder
> if ths is a sreet shooting combination :)
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/6275778683/in/photostream/li
> ghtbox/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/6275779087/in/photostream/li
> ghtbox/
>
> Walter

Hi Walter!

I love the contrast & composition in the second one!

The 80~200 is one of the gems in the "R" line.  I'm not a "street
photographer", so I'm fond of the 80~200/4 because you can sit back and take
those close ups of people without being "in their face".

I can see, however, how it would be front heavy on a Digilux.  It balances
quite well on the Oly E3.

Nicely done!

Cheers!
David.