[LRflex] Re: Leica S2 in hand

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 22:40:35 -0700

Thank you David... The R10 auto aperture thing is absolutely paramount with
older R -non AF lenses.

I guess I got my message across... and I do appreciate your answering it for
me.. And others..

For those curious. I have been interested in the R glass for some time.
Used, it is very reasonable in cost, and superb in output.  I have Nikon
film stuff. ( F4 and some lenses.)   I have no digital cameras, other than
my Nikon D1, which I bought used, cheap.  I would seriously consider buying
a ( watch this.) new R10.  Yes, me the film only guy, is considering buying
a digital camera, from Leica, and getting the requisite lenses I would use
on the used market.

Why digital for Frank?  See comments on ..Reading the LR2 manual....

Frank Filippone

red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

However, I'm given to understand that the R10 will have a mount which is
fully compatible with existing R glass including (are you listening, Frank,
Mehrdad and others?) auto aperture.  The speculation on the additional
contacts is to accommodate AF, which I am sure the R10 will have. The R10 is
to be fully functional in MF, with all existing  R glass.  I do expect,
however, that most of the new lenses to be produced in R mounts will be AF
designs, modelled after the S2 lenses.