[LRFlex] Re: Leica R6 or 6.2 opinions

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:39:43 -0800

I was told, 5 years ago, that they had a ten year supply of shutters for the R6.
In Leica parlance the R6, like the R4, is a now a disposable camera.
S. Dimitrov

On Nov 20, 2004, at 2:02 AM, Bille Xavier F. wrote:

Gary,

As you are used to the SL and other "simple" cameras, why don't you go for the R6 or R6.2?

Leica has probably kept a stock of shutters for the repairs for the next 50 years.

FWIW.
---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: Gary E <ge_crocus@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Leica Reflex <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRFlex] Leica R6 or 6.2 opinions
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 05:07:46 -0800 (PST)

Hello fellow 'flex users,

I've been trying for some time to decide on whether to
go forward with an R8 or one of the R6's.  My friend
has the beautiful 19mm which I cannot use on my SL :(

I know some of you would not consider it a comparison
between the R6 and SL, but if you have any experience
with the R6 and SL would you consider it a similiar
replacement upgrade?

I've read that the R6 shutters were not available to
Leica anymore which caused it's discontinuation.  Has
anyone had any problems with them?

Just a side note, I'm used to and prefer mechanical
cameras (coming from Nikon F2 photomic and Leica M)

Gary E

   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm

Slobodan Dimitrov
Photography