[LRflex] Re: Leica R to Oly E3... Further notes...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:32:08 -0700

On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:51 AM, David Young wrote:

Good Mornin' Steve!

I have just tested the Telyt-400 with the Lympa E3 and 1.4x converter.

The camera will beep, when this combination used, providing that there is sufficient contrast.

yes... the setting on my E3 AF Mode... was MF ,   and should be  s-AF+MF

thanks for you help David,

Steve

With the Leica 2x converter and the Telyt, the camera still beeps and lights the focus confirmation (green) LED. Again, if low contrast, the beep is problematic. But then, we're now talking about f12.3, wide open!

Lastly, I tried the E3 with the Telyt, Leica 2x converter AND the Oly 1.4 converter. To my amazement, at less than f 18, wide open, the Focus Confirm (green) LED still lights when focus is achieved, and the camera "beeps" ... though not reliably.

I will try to post so pix, showing this extreme range, later today.

Steve

"I never wanted to be famous"
now available at www.blurb.com

kididdoc@xxxxxxx