[LRflex] Re: Leica R rumours?

Tom wrote:

>Anyway, the rumor I heard is tht the B&W version got
>shelved because it would be too expensive to redesign
>the existing in-production camera, but is on the table
>for being designed in from the beginning for the M9
>coming in 4 years, possibly with a slimmer profile
>along the lines of traditional M.

Two aspects of your comment make sense...

1) that it would be designed into the M9 and
2) that the M9 would be out in 4 years (or two Photokinas from now).

I mention 2, because for a small firm, designing the R10 for the next
Photokina is a really large project.  After that, it makes sense to
deliver new M and R models at alternating Photokinas.   However,
market demands may force them to shorten the product cycles a wee
bit.   Still, that too will be easier once the basic machines are up
and running well.

Cheers!
---

David Young,