[LRflex] Re: Leica R rumours?

  • From: Thomas Schofield <tdschofield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 11:35:26 -0700 (PDT)

Wouldn't it be cool if you could switch back and forth
by reloading the firmware?

Many would still buy two M8's to have color and B&W
bodies.  One silver and one black.

Anyway, the rumor I heard is tht the B&W version got
shelved because it would be too expensive to redesign
the existing in-production camera, but is on the table
for being designed in from the beginning for the M9
coming in 4 years, possibly with a slimmer profile
along the lines of traditional M.

Tom