[LRflex] Re: Leica R rumours?

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 09:21:17 -0700

At 01/06/2007, you wrote:
>I haven't heard about a B&W only sensor, but is more pixels the only
>thing that changes? Is the bit depth higher or the sensor more

Hi Jonathan!

There is no change of sensor.  The only difference is how they
interpret the data from the sensor, which is why I put "effective" in
quotation marks. I do not know how this interpretation is done, but
it apparently works.  The sensor itself, is still the standard 10 mp
unit of the M8.

Although the model was talked of, it has never been officially
announced that it would be made.  Given the runaway success of the
M8, my guess is that it never will be.  But, I've been known to be
wrong, before!

David Young,
Logan Lake, CANADA