[LRflex] Re: [Leica] IMG: Pano gear. For Jim, George and Bill

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 13:57:55 +0100

Did I answer? Trial and error ...
I used the window frames seen here
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Oiseaux/Bird+and+Window+_1+sur+1_.jpg.html
focused on the bushes
and shot a series of experimental takes rotating the head - then noticed that the summicron 50 nodal point is about where the aperture ring lies as noted by Howard.

Hope this helps.
My patented gear is extremely light to carry BTW.
The tripod is the first I bought nearly 40 years ago ... the good of keeping old stuff even though it means mess in the cellar or the attic ...

Amitiés
Philippe

David Young wrote:

At 21/02/2009, you wrote:

Can't be cheaper, can it?
http://tinyurl.com/cb72ee
;-)
Phx

G'Mornin' Philippe!

Stunningly simple! And, from your results, very effective! Now I've got the bug to build and try!

But, now the hard bit ... how do discover where the "nodal" point is?

Does any one here have a link to a good web page on this subject?

Thanks!