[LRflex] Re: (LRflex) Shopping Frustration

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica reflex freelists <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:29:51 -0700

My father-in-law has the Nikon 105 on his D-300.  Hard to compare since we are
two different photographers.  But I thinks his best shots are not on par with
mine, as far as quality of the image are concerned.  I would say, looking at
his work, in general, the NikonD300 does a far better job than my Canon Rebel
for the pixel peeing quality, but my lenses outperform his.  does that make
sense?

Aram

> From: axel.collier@xxxxxxxxxx
> To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [LRflex] Re: (LRflex) Shopping Frustration
> Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 21:49:25 +0200
>
> Hi Doug, I like your work very much.
> Looking back, what would you recommend a newbee who likes beautifull
> pictures ? Would you say : buy cheap tools first and learn, or would you say
> : buy the real stuf from the beginning, because you will end buying these
> lenses anyway and it will cost you double. You did buy the cheaper lenses
> too ... in the beginning.
> Anyway, I don't know much, but I must admit I see very clearly the
> difference between the cheap nikon lens, and the angenieux 70-210 I own.
> More detail, better colors, beter bokeh.
> New Leica's are no option for me but second hand the prices get more
> realistic.
> And secondly, if we talk about good stuff, how would you compare the good
> nikons with your favorit Leica lenses ?
> For example : what is the difference for you between the Af-s 300mm prime of
> nikon and the 280mm APO.
> Or the very nice105mm Nikon and the APO 100 ? Maybee Aram knows more about
> that.
> Maybee you answered this 1000x , sorry for that.
> greetings, axel

Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Search, add, and share the web’s latest sports videos.
Check it out.
http://www.windowslive.com/Online/Hotmail/Campaign/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_QA_HM_sports_videos_072009&cat=sports