[LRflex] Re: Jay

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:28:16 -0400

Hi David,
Much Better... Like Ted Said.
Rarely a lot of wisdom in positions opposite of his inputs from what I have
seen!
Query: is there "room" in the file to selectively "pull down" those hot spots
on the birch branch the Jay is perched upon?
IMO: your redoing of the image is much improved aesthetically, Kudos.
Note: I wouldn't be surprised if you discovered the image more likeable to
yourself if that branch was further down the tonal scale so it could 'fall
back' into the image image and not compete withthe main subject.

Further: Only dive deeper into such efforts if the image of this "Jay"
itself,irregardless of the setting and lighting it is in, is one that pleases
you a lot. There is only so much darkroom & editing time in one's life as you
well know I am certain. Don't invest it in making a max potential output of a
lower tier image needlessly.

Peace
R in Mi.

Sarcasm Is Loading