[LRflex] Re: Iona and Mercy...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 13:01:24 -0700

On Mar 8, 2009, at 12:55 PM, Philippe AMARD wrote:

Hell!
It's not burning, it is roasting !

She's so cute!

Now to gin - reminds me of my first visits to English pubs; Gordon was the brand, the green bottle, Douglas will remember I'm sure.
A smack of Orwell, I don't know why..
Haven't had any for at least 6666 rolls of film and two Lumix on the rocks.

two Lumix on ze rocks...

or is it ?

two Lumiz on xe rocks ...

?

boy that PHROG is good...

:-)

Steve

Amitiés et Santé!
Phili^^e

Steve Barbour wrote:

On Mar 8, 2009, at 12:20 PM, Philippe AMARD wrote:

Steve Barbour wrote:

On Mar 8, 2009, at 11:49 AM, Philippe AMARD wrote:

Just do it !
;-)
Phxyz

that's easy for you to say,

but I rather like it, especially as it's the window and the source of light on Iona's face....

and anyway, what's wrong with having that light/window there Ted and Philippe ?

:-)

oh OK, but you bad !...

I would not answer for Ted, but I sure am, days in and days out.

Now to your question why: this patch is a distractor, and you'd have tried to get it out of the picture if you'd known I guess. You probably - my guess only - were concentrating on the young lady. Ted is right about the darkroom, you'd have tried to at least soften the patch for it to be less obvious than the lighter part of the portrait. Even if I need help from my good friends , I usually edit mine in the dark, just for the feeling of the good old days ;-)
Only the smell of chemistry I don't miss too often.
Well, better than gin or vodka most of time though.

first the gin, then the photoshop...and it went well.

how's this?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW+2009/ionamercy_002.jpg.html

Photoshop is way easier this way...

:-)

Steve

Amitiés
Philippe

I never change anything,

amities, Steve

Ted Grant wrote:

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font- family:Wingdings; panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin:0in; margin- bottom:.0001pt; font-size:12.0pt; font- family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text- decoration:underline;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text- decoration:underline;} p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText {margin:0in; margin-bottom:. 0001pt; font- size: 10.0pt; font-family:"Courier New";} @page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 77.95pt 1.0in 77.95pt;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->
Steve Barbour showed:

Subject: [LRflex] Iona and Mercy...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW+2009/ ionamercy.jpg.html

Hi Steve,

Very nice use of the light and the moment.

However I’m going to offer words of “photo blasphemy!!! J May I be forgiven for this moment of transgression!

Use the adjusting magic of image quality for photo improvement!! …. “Photoshop!” There I said it!!! And burn/ clone in the big white area upper left corner!!! Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh now I’ve done it…. “ a manipulation of a documentary photo!! Oh may I rot in the bowels of planet Earth for even suggesting it. L

However, look at it this way….. This move isn’t any different than cutting a piece of card the same size as the bright square and burning it to match the black area around it…… purely a darkroom action! Not to be construed as a Photoshop magic moment of manipulation!

See how easy one can get around the whiners against Photoshop and fiddling! J If you can do it in the wet darkroom that makes it Photoshop legitimate!!! J

ted

NO ARCHIVE

NO ARCHIVE