[LRflex] Re: Introducting myself

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 08:28:31 +0200

Hi,
No Chang, Leica is not part of my name, but part of my life. I had been
dreaming of Leicas since I first could use one when I was 16 - I'm 49
now. And I had promised myself I'd have one for my 40th birthday at the
latest. I now own an R3 (this one's heavy and not so compact) and an R4
(which I found on Ebay for a couple of bucks and whose feel reminds me
of my 139 Contax progam T and P modes apart)
As to the nickname, my friend is called Alice and guess what; Alice and
Leica are anagrams ;-)  Phil in greek means "love" so I love Alice and
Leicas altogether - Simple.
Have a nice weekend - weather prmitting I'm going to try my luck at a
flock of storks which we spotted a fortnight ago - hope they haven't
migrated yet ...
Yours
Phileica