[LRflex] Re: Introducting myself

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:26:00 -0700

young sang wrote:

>>Hi
>>
>>As a new member, I thought to write a little about
>>myself and hope to connect with those of you with
>>similar interests.
>>
>>I've been shooting for a year after taking a
>>beginner's class at a local community college in
>>Portland. Most of my weekends were spent in the
>>Columbia River Gorge shooting landscape. Now I live
>>in
>>Calgary and spend much time admiring the Rockies. In
>>future I'd like to get into shooting social
>>environment, once I'm comfortable with exposure
>>selection and can shoot quickly.
>>
>>My equipment has been Minolta manual focus gear
>>until
>>my R4 arrived last week. I want to thank Mr Young
>>for
>>putting manuals online for reference.
>>
>>I'll be curious to learn about your experience using
>>R4, Summicron lens, and determining desired
>>exposure.
>>Every camera does it a little differently.
>>
>>Thanks and have a good weekend everyone!
>>
>>Richard

Good Mornin' Richard!

Welcome!

You'll find us a diverse group, with a lot of expertise, and a great
willingness to share it. If you have a question, never hesitate to post it!

I've never used the R4, though I've owned the R5 and R6 in past and
found them fabulous.  Perhaps Doug Herr can weigh in here, as he uses
the R4 a lot.  (There are other R4 users here, though my mind is going
blank (flu) this morning.

I am curious... educated in Portland... living in Calgary.  Are you a
Canuck, or an ex-pat American, at this stage?

There are lovely scenics to be had in the Canmore area, as well as into
Banff, up the Icefields Parkway and even in the Brule/Entrance area,
north of Jasper.  If you have time to travel, don't neglect the Wilmore
Wildnerness Park, just north of Jasper Park.  And post some of your work
and give us the URL.  We love looking at other folks stuff... and you'll
often get helpful comments on how to improve.

And, as for the manuals, you're most welcome!

Again, welcome to the group!

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt