[LRflex] Re: Infra red filters, IR photography, advice seeked

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 13:49:58 +0200

Hi Richard

A very interesting site you mention.

But I start to understand that IR and normal Digicam are world apart.

Except for ... Steve Barbour and his "Killer" M9 .

Have a nice Week end

---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:11:17 -0700
From: ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Infra red filters, IR photography, advice seeked
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update:
   I remembered an important Company for digital IR Photography you might want
to check into. It's called LifePixel "http://www.lifepixel.com/"; and that's the
link for their website. The company offers as their main business is the option
to convert dSLR cameras and Digicams so they shoot quite wonderfully in the
Infrared Spectrum. There are also interesting links and resources on the site,
as well, to learn about IR photography.
   I personally shot a bit back in the day with the late lamented Kodak Hi
Speed Infrared Film and LOVED it to no end. My dabblings with IR using my G1
Canon digicam were fantastically fun and quite aesthetically pleasing - but
megapixel unsatisfying!. If you as a photographer can fluidly operate a digicam
in a technical sense, the jump to shooting one in IR really isn't as
'difficult' as one might be led to believe by the verbose and arcane
explanations needed to explain IR photography and what's happening to generate
Infrared Images.
   The phrase "Just Do It!" leaps to mind as the best way to learn how to shoot
IR, in my opinion. At least if basic photographic technical skills are present
to step in and support getting usable and aesthetically pleasing images. Also
experimentation and the carrying over of one's experiences to one's future
attempts will be rewarded mightily in shooting IR potentially even more than
ordinary digicam shooting. If you are compentent with RAW file shooting and
their exploitation in the computer - IR photography can prove even more
interesting than with standard jpeg shooting. Trust me!

Richard

It's okay to be stupid just don't be gung-ho about it.
~•~
Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
~•~
Never Argue with an Idiot. They'll drag you down
to their level and beat you with experience.

Keep your friends updated—even when you’re not signed in.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_5:092010