[LRflex] Re: Incompatibility

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:17:50 -0400

Greg de Roulhac wrote:
Christopher,

I understand that some dealers will remove Vista and install XP. Msoft is supposedly going to stop selling XP next June. Who knows when they will stop supporting XP.

I am surprised that there is no upgrade path for your programs.

Good Luck.

Greg

Greg de Roulhac
Greg, Chris,
  XP is the simplest solution.  The available upgrade path is that
everybody will buy newer versions of the applications, which
is how Microsoft co-opts software developers.
  The long term solution is Linux, and open source applications.
Then you can stop buying software altogether.
I'll get off my soapbox now. :-)

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
 one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein