[LRflex] Incompatibility

  • From: "Christopher Birchenhall" <crbirchenhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 00:47:28 +0000

Bear with me on this one.

I have just made the biggest mistake in my life. I bought a Microsoft
VISTA laptop. I only hope the dealer will be kind to me tomorrow. All
- yes all - of my productive software - and all written by Microsoft -
does not work on VISTA - ok I am talking basics here - Microsoft
Visual Studio C++ v6 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. It reminds me
of IBM's push to PS2/OS2 - anyone else remember the death of the IBM
domination of the PC?

Moral for Leica - do not try to be revoluationary with the R series.
Attempt to follow IBM, and now Microsoft, and "force" a revolution on
your loyal customers and you face disaster.

My laptop either goes back to an understanding dealer or is an very,
very expensive paper weight.

Chris B