[LRFlex] Re: Images made of recycled electrons...

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:00:41 -0800

Hey, Xavier. That would be me. I love these pictures but I especially love the Chinese Resteraunt shot. Well done, and keep recycling those electrons.....

Wait a minuite. How much nuclear power do you have in France. If you are nuclear, then of course you ARE destroying atoms to send your messages.

Aram

This message is made witn 100% recycled electrons. No new atoms were destroyed in the making of this message.

From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Images made of recycled electrons...
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 21:48:41 +0000

Hello to all.

I cannot remember who uses this as a signature. Let's hope he/she forgives me.

For an unknow reason, the Nikon Scan software went mad on my computer. An ocasion to uninstall the version V2.5 and install the version V3.1

More controls but they are somhow more intelligent. Sorry to say, folks, but Nikon does really nice Hardware and Software.
The Mannual Focus Nikon SLR is worth looking at but it is another subject, let's drop it.

Why recycled?
In fact, here is an image already presented, this version shows how a summicron 35 can capture details (OK, it's internet quality, T400CN):
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Tophe03.jpg

And this one shows a place already known from you, Brugge, I was there few weeks ago, summicron 35, low end chinese place:
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/chinky.jpg

Indded, I'm fustrated not to be able to show nice pictures. Of course, the framing is not perfect, tonal qulaity improves a little.

And last, a picture of the Elmarit 24, slide, an image I tried to scan a hundred time, at least (Fuji 100).
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Orlean22.jpg

In fact, the scanner includes now in its processing a unsharp mask as presented by Douglas Sharp with the tele luma. It smoothes well the colors and the edges.

So the images are coming good with ease, compared to the strains of the past....

FWIW. Cheers.

Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.