[LRflex] Re: Images and words

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 12:47:02 -0700

On Nov 6, 2007, at 12:13 PM, KEITH LONGMORE wrote:

Hi Steve
You said:

so the image ! did shock or not ?

I am from the school that believes that an image is worth a thousand words...(ie or can be)

I also wonder what was the moving thing, image or words?

The image itself didn't, indeed, at a casual glance, it looked quite charming

?

the image of the little boy on the ventilator ?

if not Keith,  what are you talking about?

Steve

; I guess the words alone wouldn't; but the combination sent out a very strong message indeed. Unfortunately, I've never seen this image anywhere else, so I can't show you. However, off-line, I'll send some scans that will illustrate some of my comments - I hope. I haven't looked at any of the postings from anyone yet, but I will later, and I'll let you know what I think.

An image should be worth a thousand words, but much, IMO, depends on context and purpose.

I think it's quite an interesting subject, the impact of images, but I must stress, I'm not a psychologist..... well, not supposed to be... ;-) Cheers
Keith