[LRflex] Re: IMPORTANT: Re: DMR Support, all together now. please read

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:56:36 -0800

Mehrdad wrote:

>i am having difficulty understanding your second point,'...which they
>have little control..." if this is how leica does business, they are
>done with. i don't think they run their business like that.

See my next answer.

>on the first point, there must be some sort of contractual agreement
>in place, i can only assume that the contract is pretty bad and not
>tight... all of this points to a bad business model. money talks!!

Like you, I am sure there is a contract. However, when a contract is
breached the only sure-fire way to settle it is a lawsuit, which can
take years.  Therefore, it is often better, at least for a while, to
be patient and diplomatic.

>as i mentioned before, the biggest problem with 1.3 is money, there is
>no attached revenue to it. i am in the software world and this is how
>it works. it is very low in priority and may be on the shelf.

This is true. There is no money in it, except to encourage sales of a
product which is already in the warehouse.  Without the upgrade,
business may suffer.

If Imacon are dragging their feet, your mass mailing idea will not help.
If Leica have, for whatever reasons, shelved the project, your mass
mailing idea will not help.

My understanding is that Leica are working on it, as best they can.

I suggest patience.