[LRflex] Re: IMG: House Wren

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:04:32 +0200

Wonderful shot, having tried to photograph our "resident" Wren in the back garden for the last couple of years (without success) I know how hard it is to even get one on film/card, let alone so good. The bird looks to be in the typical stance of preparing to flit away at what appears to be the speed of light. Not drab at all, Doug, a great shot of an unobtrusive and tiny little bird. I've also observed its vitality and energy in our garden, it terrorizes anything it espies, including Posy, our cat. Its the Wren's loud twittering and a high pitched screech that put her to flight, so far only the blackbirds and a local rook have taken to dive-bombing her.

Cheers
Douglas

Charlie Falke wrote:
wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The House Wren is a very drab-looking bird but it's full of life and energy.
My past attempts at illustrating the drab-but-energetic character of this
species have emphasized mostly the drab side ;-)

Here's my latest attempt:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/troglodytidae/howr07.jpg

What do you think?

Doug,
   I think it's a success. To me he looks indignant, somehow.
--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein