[LRflex] Re: IMG: Ears

  • From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 11:05:39 -0400

Guilherme Malheiro wrote:

> Great image Doug!
>
> A kind of monochromatic mood.

Thank you Gui, I appreciate your comments.

Bob Shaw wrote:

> You have a penchant for doing everything right at the right time and
> place.  I know it's not always easy, but there is something from
> inside that makes it all happen, again and again.  Your subjects seem
> to understand and "let you" own the moment, if only for the time it
> takes for the shutter to open and close.
>
> Thank you.
>
> And, come to think of it, thank you for using the R8 and and the 280.
> Even though I will probably never have the DMR, you remind me what's
> possible with my R kit.

Thanks Bob for your thoughful comments.  The 280 f/4 is indeed a special
lens, it will be a very long time before I feel the need to replace it.
Regarding the relationship between myself and my subjects - my goal is to
establish trust and to receive permission from them to make the photos and
if this has come through in the pictures then I've met one of my goals.

> Doug Herr wrote:
>> http://wildlightphoto.com/mammals/lagomorphs/btha04.html

Doug Herr
Sacramento