[LRflex] IMG: Ears

The Black-tailed Hare (also known as Black-tailed Jackrabbit) ordinarily runs
away at top speed whenever  someone comes within 100 feet (30 meters), but a
few weeks ago I found one that seemed unusually approachable.  This is in an
area I've visited frequently; the hares have always been in the area but either
much too far away for photos or hiding in the dry grasses, about to run.

On the previous occasions I've seen this particular hare the animal has done
his morning feeding and is about ready to find shade for the hot part of the
day, leaving me with little time in good light to let him become accustomed to
my presence.  However, this morning I arrived much earlier than usual so I had
several hours with the hare, spending most of the last hour before it found
shade within 20' or less, perfect for the DMR and 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt:

http://wildlightphoto.com/mammals/lagomorphs/btha04.html

technical stuff: R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO, ISO 400, about 1/250 sec @ f/5.6,
metered manually.  Shoulder stock & monopod.  Stickers in my socks.  A tick.

All comments welcome.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com