[LRflex] Re: IMG: Amaryllis

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 23:16:47 -0400

Phillipe,
are you sure it is important to know these are stems in water in a vase? To
reverse engineer this a bit: Was there something specific about these stems
that caught your eye and made you want to explore them with your camera? I dare
suspect that while the bottom of the vase was within the field of view of what
you were looking at, your eye wasn't being drawn to the interplay between the
end of the stems and the shape of the vases bottom. Otherwise I think it would
have filled the frame much more prominently or the content of the frame would
have been leading you toward that section rather than fleeing it (so to speak).

Personally, I think the repeating patterns and lines of the stem area is well
worth doing some cropping experiments to see if something makes the image pop
for you.

Sincerely
Richard in Michigan

Treat Others Like A Gentleman.