[LRflex] Re: IMG: A Casual Party

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 15:40:26 -0400

On Jun 30, 2012, at 2:29 PM, "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nice group of portraits.  If I had to pick a favorite it would be your dad.
> It is funny, when I clicked on it I did not expect to  see someone who
> looked more my age.  That thought just popped into my head and I thought of
> my own dad and my personal bias to the word "Dad".  A comment not worth much
> photographically, but it was interesting to me.

Hi Aram,
Well, he is barely 65 which isn't all that 'old' in the modern sense, but then
again I'm 44 and move like I'm 74. :-)

> On the last one, the only thing that struck me was the branch coming out of
> your cousin's head.  I know these are just informal shots, so the branch
> doesn't detract from the meaning of the photo to you or to them.

I too don't care for that branch coming out of her head, but I never spotted it
in the viewfinder as I was joking with them before shooting thhe image. I
almost didn't share it because of branch, but I've gotten such good response
from others who've seen it I decided to throw it out there.

> Aram

For some reason I put my Voigtlander 75 on my M8 almost immediately and shot
most of my images with it Even though a 40 and a 28 were sitting right in my
bag waiting to be used. The images seemed to be saying something to me as
tthings progresses until every guest was present in at least one image that
afternoon.

Thanks for the C&C

Richard